The Shining Utopia

Aerodynamic - An XY OU RMT

10detta
    Clan Member
    Clan Member

Aerodynamic - An XY OU RMT

Post by 10detta on Tue 8 Jul - 15:22

INTRODUCTION

Hey, Tendetta here bringing you an XY OU team - Aerodynamic, named after my favorite Daft Punk track from their album - Discovery.
    I have been playing Pokemon for more than 2 years now (although quitting twice for 4 months and 8 months respectively). This is the first RMT that I have ever made. It is in the tier of XY OU, according to PO tiers. I consider XY OU to be my secondary tier, after XY UU. Without further adieu, let me show you my most successful XY OU team to date.

This is the team that "taught" me the ways of the OU metagame, and helped me reach my target of 1550+ above on the PO ladder. (I know it's not high, but being decent in OU has always been one of my dreams.) I have also used this team in the POT4 tournament on PO, and achieved 1-0 so far.

I am Garchomp Berty in the Screenshot.

However, I will be retiring this team, because Genesect is getting testbanned.

AT A GLANCE

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

This team was built around the new XY threat, the almighty Talonflame, whose most popular set is the banded set. I decided to simply use an SD set, because it is less common, and it can be a more effective end game sweeper.

As a UU main, my favorite pokemon of the UU tier is Mega-Gardevoir. Talonflame is usually stopped by mons such as rotom-w and heatran, which Mega-Gardevoir can handle comfortably. Especially with the hp ground set that lures in Heatran and 2hkos it easily.

There are simply far too many mons in the OU metagame for one team to counter, especially an offensive team. However, one mon is able to effectively revenge kill set-up sweepers, and to be an effective pivot switch at times - Ditto.

To keep up the offensive pressure of my team, I added a Banded Genesect, which can not only fire off boosted u-turns and iron heads, but also utilize the +2 priority move - Extreme Speed, which has proved crucial in deciding the victories in many games. I've also noticed a weakness to Thundurus, an extremely common OU mon, which is easily revenged by Banded Genesect's Extreme Speed.

Using a Talonflame, one must be prepared to have an extremely reliable defogger. In UU, the most reliable defogger is Mew, so I added Mew with both SR and defog into my team.

Then I wanted a second answer to Heatran, just in case Mega Gardevoir falls. I chose Banded Terrakion, which was an OU staple from Gen 5.

After numerous test battles, I noticed that Thundurus easily breezes through my team, as I had no resists to Thundurus at all. With that in mind, I added a Yache Berry Garchomp in place of Terrakion.

I noticed that I had an Aegislash weakness, and that Mew was not able to defog as efficiently as I've thought. So I added the Aegislash counter - Mandibuzz, which was able to defog and counter other great threats, such as opposing Garchomps and Mega Scizor. With this change, I made my Garchomp my Stealth Rocker, and since then, the team has never changed again.

IN DEPTH

Talonflame (M) @ Sharp Beak
    Trait: Gale Wings
    EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Brave Bird
    - Flare Blitz
    - Roost

Talonflame, as I've said before, is the star of this team. With Gale Wings, this pokemon has a very strong priority. Sharp Beak aids in the damage output in my main STAB, priority Brave Bird, and helps bluff the choiced item, and that allows me to get many surprise kills, like switching moves on an Aegislash or Excadrill. The two stabs are standard, and roost is for longevity. As adamant Talonflame does not outspeed Thundurus anyways, I opted for a slightly bulkier set, with speed evs outspeeding Mega Pinsir, and the rest dumped into HP. (odd number, of course)

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
    Trait: Trace
    EVs: 68 HP / 252 SAtk / 188 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Taunt
    - Psyshock
    - Hyper Voice
    - Hidden Power [Ground]

The second pokemon in my crew. EVs are to outspeed Mega Garchomp after mega-evolving, with the rest dumped into HP for bulk. Originally I had Magic Coat in place of Taunt, and it was fun then. However, I quickly realized that one can just spam Stealth Rocks until my Magic Coat runs out of PP, so I opted for Taunt instead. Taunt also helps me against Stall. Psyshock for nice STAB action, hitting defences and can easily scare out mons like Mega-Venusaur. Hyper Voice is the standard amazing move, going through substitutes and doing massive damage to mons like Rotom-W and can surprisingly OHKO many mons, such as Bisharp. HP Ground is able to 2hko Heatran like nothing, and there is a more than 50% chance to straight up OHKO offensive sets like scarf. A well predicted HP Ground hit can sometimes dictate the outcome of the match.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Imposter
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Transform

Ditto. Arguably the best revenge killer of XY OU. Jack of all trades. Not only can it revenge-kill set-up sweepers such as Zard-X, it can also tank hits from strong mons, like Zard-Y and retaliate back with its own moves and kill if it's weakened. I use it to scout the opponent's movesets as well, no surprises. It is also an amazing pivot, where I can switch in on a predicted Earth Power from Landorus and then double switch into another mon to retain offensive pressure. Ditto. Best used in OU imo tbh js.
    Well, you can tweak the happiness of this mon so that when copying an opposing Mega Pinsir, your return won't do like 2%. However, some people run Frustration too, so I'm really confused to what I should make of this.

Genesect @ Choice Band
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - U-turn
    - Iron Head
    - Extreme Speed
    - Flamethrower

Broken? IDK. Unarguably, it's a very strong and versatile mon. Between Choice Band and Download, the physical moves of this monstrosity are boosted and extremely strong. U-turn for standard bug stab and getting momentum, Iron Head for Fairies and Conkeldurr (lol) Extreme Speed for the amazing priority that can out-prioritize Brave Birds and Quick Attacks (from Mega Pinsir). Flamethrower to break down annoying steels like Ferrothorn, or just threaten it out. All in all, a great mon in this environment. Too bad, it might leave soon.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Overcoat
    EVs: 224 HP / 168 Def / 104 SDef / 12 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Defog
    - Taunt
    - Foul Play
    - Roost

Alrightey, Mandibuzz, the DefogKing of OU imo. The weird evs make the HP a lefties number, and ensures that i can take a Life Orb Thunderbolt from Thundurus at full (I know, a weird and rare situation, but i just use it as a benchmark to for bulk.) Speed EVs to creep and the rest in Defence. Defog for standard removal of Stealth Rocks that hurt my favorite KACAW bird, Talon. Taunt to stop Chanseys from healing up, and to stop opposing Mandibuzz's from healing up. Foul Play because it is simply an amazing move, and is the only attacking move it requires. Roost for longevity, so that it can keep hazards off the field for as long as possible. Strong mon overall. Love it.

Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Stealth Rock
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast

Garchomp with a Garchomp Berty. The idea of this set came from a conversation in the lovely yet cancerous channel, #Genius. With a Yache Berry, I get more insurance against mons like Thundurus and Mega Manectric, as well as living hits in general such as random Icy Winds etc. Stealth Rock is a staple, and shouldnt even need explaining. Dragon Claw because I don't like being trapped into Outrage. Earthquake for that strong base 100 power stab. Fire Blast because Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Forretress suck.

CONCLUSION
    Well, there you have it, my favorite XY OU team to use so far. This team is extremely fun to use, and powerful too. At least, I think it's a break from standard DeoSharp or Zard-Y teams. Too bad Gene is going to most likely be banned from the tier. Rip team.

Importable:

Talonflame (M) @ Sharp Beak
    Trait: Gale Wings
    EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Brave Bird
    - Flare Blitz
    - Roost

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
    Trait: Trace
    EVs: 68 HP / 252 SAtk / 188 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Taunt
    - Psyshock
    - Hyper Voice
    - Hidden Power [Ground]

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Imposter
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Transform

Genesect @ Choice Band
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - U-turn
    - Iron Head
    - Extreme Speed
    - Flamethrower

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Overcoat
    EVs: 224 HP / 168 Def / 104 SDef / 12 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Defog
    - Taunt
    - Foul Play
    - Roost

Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Stealth Rock
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast

Clan Leader

Re: Aerodynamic - An XY OU RMT

Post by Immanent God LANCE on Tue 8 Jul - 15:47

Nice team, I like the way it checks a lot of threats with a combination of Ditto and powerful priority moves.

Clan Member

Post by 10detta on Tue 8 Jul - 15:54

Thanks for the rate, Lance.

Administrator

Post by Lord Itachi on Tue 8 Jul - 18:01

Awesome team,I was really waiting for your R.M.T.

"Every human being relies on and is bounded by his knowledge and experience to live. This is what we call “reality”. However, knowledge and experience are ambiguous, thus reality can become illusion. Is it not possible to think that, all human beings are living in their assumptions?" We all live inside our own fantasies. One's reality might be an other's illusion.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    10detta
    Clan Member
    Clan Member

Post by 10detta on Tue 8 Jul - 19:02

Thanks Rocky !

Clan Member

Post by moonbase on Wed 9 Jul - 8:10

yo, really cool team, I have a couple of things you might want to try out, if tyranitar is getting in your way of talonflame sweeps, you could surprise it with Liechi Berry + natural gift, which also gives a +1 attack boost which can come in handy sometimes, but if you don't like the lack of hp recovery, I understand.

Another cool thing you can do is put U-turn over taunt on mandibuzz, which gives you a ton of offensive momentum, when facing any team.

Awesome team, and thank god PO is getting rid of genesect

Clan Member

Post by 10detta on Wed 9 Jul - 18:23

thanks for the rate moonbase! i think u-turn on mandi would be cool too for offensive presence:] i'll try it out on future sets ty!

Administrator

Post by Red on Wed 9 Jul - 19:02

Nice team, 10detta. Very Happy
    Banded Genesect was boss in OU but now it's banned.
    I think Focus Blast have more coverage than Hidden Power(Ground).
    Anyway, Congratulation on your peak.

Clan Member

Post by 10detta on Thu 10 Jul - 9:44

thanks red Smile
    tbh focus blast does have more coverage, but i want it to be more reliable in terms of accuracy haha

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 16 Dec - 18:17