The Shining Utopia

Innovation

Desch

Innovation

Post by Desch on Sat 4 Oct - 13:34

Introduction
    Hello, and welcome to my last XY Übers RMT. Today, I am gonna showcase by far my most successful team that I have created in the current meta. I believe it is a good mix between originality, innovation and viable pokes, all in one solid team. As we come closer to ORAS by every day, I thought that we needed to try out everything that we hadn't tried out yet, and try to make new and healthy teams to end this generation. My inspiration for this team came after I faced a Normal Arceus supporter. That thing baited in my defensive Yveltal, and the continued with burning him and setting up rocks on me. He had crippled my best check to many physical offensive pokes, and gotten up SR at the same time. When I looked at this pokes and what he could help with pulling off a sweep, I was disappointed. The only pokes that would benefit from something like that would be E-Killer and Groundceus, both who is unusable with another Arceus on my team. And that was when I decided to build a more stallish team.

Teambuilding history:
    Spoiler:

As I said, I started off with an Arceus Normal in a supportive role. With rather bad defences and little to contribute synergy-wise, I looked to find a core that would alone be able to handle most of the meta.

I ended up with using the core of SpD Kyogre, Ferrothorn and Lando-T. However, since I was aiming for a stallbased team, having Lando-T as the only Ho-Oh check was unacceptable, considering that I couldn't use Arceus-Rock for the job. So I swapped him for Rhyperior, something that I had never used before, and tbh, never thought I would ever use. The current core I had, dealt with almost everything in the tier. I only needed a cleric, and something that would strengthen my physical defensive core.

I just slapped a Shed Shell Blissey onto the team without thinking much more about it. I now had a super OP SpD core, including a cleric, and the ever so annoying spike-stacking Ferrothorn, backed up with rain from an annoying Ogre. E-Killer, Groundceus, Blaziken and Mewtwo were the only troublesome threats I had to cover. And Giratina-O was the perfect addition.

Looking at the tea, it was extremely good and solid. But that is how you always feel after creating a team without further testing, so I went on the ladder to test it. I had a huge success, not losing a single battle all the way up to #9 on the ladder (I used an account were I already was at around 1500-ish) I was aiming for the #1 spot, but I am a busy man, and simply could not priority laddering. After some days, I had lost around 50 points due to inactivety, but I don't mind beacause I still haven't lost with the team on the ladder. There was one thing however that bothered me a lot. I had Shed Shell on Blissey, otherwise it "wouldn't be viable, am I rite?" ... After all those battles I faced more than a coupple of Mega Gengars, and not even once did I ever have the use of that Item. The scenario never came, and their Mega Gengar just died before it could do any much harm. And I don't even have a pursuit trapper. Geez, MGar is overhyped, and even CHANSEY would have done better in all those matches than Blissey, it may sound wierd, but that is the truth. I splitted my team into 2 different version; one with Leftovers Blissey, because I really apreciate the gradual recovery, and another variant where I use Eviolite Chansey, because that thing is way more bulky. Both of them performed better than any Shed Shell Blissey would have. And also, Goth can be played around.
    The Team:

Susano-o (Arceus) @ Silk Scarf/Lum Berry
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Extreme Speed
    - Defog
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Recover

This was the inspiration for my team. A really strong and fragile poke that could in a weird way support my team. The main reason I used this was to counter lead Deo-A and -S (and being a 100% reliant switch-in to Scolipede is also a plus). With his strong E-Speed he easily lands the 2HKO on every, but the most deffensive Deo-S (usually deals around 60%) and will almost every time limit my opponent to 0 hazards in the beginning of the game. If he goes for Taunt, E-Speed 2HKOes (or you can predict the switch, only if they have a Ghost-Type on the team or something, tho), if he goes for SR, you are free to Defog on the potential ghost-Type switch-in, or just finish him off, and then go for Defog. Easy. Extremespeed is also very apreciated for the sheer utility of revenge killing, something that is immensily helpful. Will-O-Wisp is just fantastic to cripple certain pokes, and rendering them useless, like Lando-T, Scolipede and so on. Silk Scarf was the original Item I used, but I've come to a conclusion that is that Lum Berry might be better, because it helps against Stalltwo and other things. Note that this poke is VERY fragile, even with Recover, he's gonna have a hard time healing back up if he's against a Palkia, or a Yveltal.

Ziusudra (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Drizzle
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
    Calm Nature
    - Scald
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Roar

Even tho I don't like using a phazer as the "only" way to beat GeoXern, I am not disappointed. if Kyogre fails, I still have a Ferrothorn in rain who has at worst a 70% chance of beating Xern. Anyways, Kyogre is my Sleep Absorber and just a tank in general. He can spread burns and phaze with heavy entry hazard support and is also a nice switch-in to other Kyogres. The rain support is also apreciated because it makes Ferro able to take on E-Killers.

Girtablulu (Rhyperior) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Solid Rock
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Blast
    - Rest

Rhyperior is a really unused 'mon. He finds his place on my team for the reason of countering Ho-Oh, which is absolutely neccecary on every stall team, and most balanced teams (well you only need a check on balance teams). He also has an easy time setting up SR on his face and has the awesome ability to remove his sub and KO him at the same time. EQ is the other almost mandatory STAB.

Rhyperior struggles against nearly every other physical attacker, tho. And can be a bit dead weight against certain teams, but he is still a very important poke in my team.

Deus-Ex (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Sassy Nature
    IVs: 0 Spe
    - Spikes
    - Protect
    - Leech Seed
    - Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn is one of my favourite pokes of all time. He can practically Leech Seed everything. He baits in Ho-Oh, only to set up spikes on him. He can take on even physical offensive pokes like E-Killer and Zekrom with the combination of Leech Seed and Protect. He is a bit prone to every form of status he can recieve, so watch out for that. Ferro is my main switch-in to Kyogre's and enjoy setting up hazards and Leech Seeds against them, further pressuring my opponents team. Gyro Ball is an important move. It is accurate and deals massive damage to both Gengar, Darkrai, E-Killer and Xerneas.

Prometheus (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Heal Bell
    - Toxic
    - Seismic Toss

The Cleric and SpD wall of my team. Blissey is one of the best clerics available. Not only because he has Heal Bell and a massive HP stat, but because of her ability, Natural Cure. She can just switch in to Status, and switch out again, and there was never any need to even go for the status healing move. Standard set, except the lack of Shed Shell. That item was a huge disappointment. Seriously, I never had the use of it, and I face a lot of Mega Gengars. So feel free to make this a Chansey if you so please, because on this team, Chansey is more viable than Shed Shell Blissey. The rest of the team handles Gengar anyways.

Hresvelgr (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    Modest Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Dragon Tail
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Rest

My final teammember, and a poke I have never ever used before. The inspration came from a replay I watched where someon used this thing in conjunction with hazards spam. Dragon Tail was just devastating. Anyways, I used to have Shadow Sneak instead of Shadow Ball, beacuse I enjoyed the priority it had. However, with MMY as a top threat, I simply had to change it to Shadow Ball. It also helps a lot vs opposing Giratina's pressuring them a lot. Anyways, this set is standard. Not much more to say about it.

Outro
    And that was my team. I hope you enjoyed it. I know it was kinda short, but I didn't see any need to make it much longer than it already is. If you where wondering, the names are from the summons from the game "Bravely Default", a very interesting game for the 3DS. But this is off-topic. This team has a very good match-up against a lot of other teams, and I highly suggest trying it out. The team has succesfully won against a lot of the good teams out there, including a couple of other teams that has peaked at #1 on some various servers. Lastly, this is my 1 year clan anniversary. I've been in this little community for a year now, and I thank you all for making this journey so fantastic. No need for shoutouts, you know who you are. I'll see ya guys in ORAS!

Impotable:
    Spoiler:
    Susano-o (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Extreme Speed
    - Defog
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Recover

Ziusudra (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Drizzle
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
    Calm Nature
    - Scald
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Roar

Girtablulu (Rhyperior) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Solid Rock
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Blast
    - Rest

Deus-Ex (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Sassy Nature
    IVs: 0 Spe
    - Spikes
    - Protect
    - Leech Seed
    - Gyro Ball

Prometheus (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Heal Bell
    - Toxic
    - Seismic Toss

Hresvelgr (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    Modest Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Dragon Tail
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Rest

Clan Leader

Re: Innovation

Post by aLiEn Mw on Sat 4 Oct - 14:10

FUCK! THE WHOLE TEAM IS AWESOME! FUCK I THINK I'M GOING TO USE THIS!
    One thing i dislike in this team, is the Fat Bitch. Can't anything be used in her place?

_______________________________________________________________________________________
    Desch

Post by Desch on Sat 4 Oct - 14:44

Thanks for the "rate" and the fine words Smile

Well, analysing the team, the "fat bitch" is my cleric. Which means, you are free to go based (with quad-rest) and change her to a Defensive Xern with Rest, Sleep Talk, Moonblast and Aromatherapy. You will lose your only Toxic spammer by doing so, but you will be much less Yveltal weak, which is really nice. This is actual a cool suggestion. Xern > blob is absolutely viable Smile

Clan Leader

Post by aLiEn Mw on Sat 4 Oct - 18:15

I See. Why do they call her Blob anyway?

_______________________________________________________________________________________
    Desch

Post by Desch on Sat 4 Oct - 18:47

Because Chansey and Blissey are pink blobs, nothing more to it. It's a common way to refer to those 2, as far as I'm conxern'd.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 22 Oct - 9:54